Sunday, May 13, 2012

Migraines SUCK.

Well, my weekend has sucked so far.  I started getting a migraine Friday evening, all day I had been fighting it.  I took a Maxalt (prescription migraine pill) and headed to bed.  I woke up Saturday morning and my head was POUNDING.  I took a muscle relaxer and some Dayquil (I figured that something would work!) and it didn't let up at all.  I ended up taking another Maxalt, a couple more muscle relaxers and a few Excedrin.  Finally around 11pm I started feeling better.  My migraine is still lingering but I'm starting to function now.  My plans to go grocery shopping were thrown out the window and all I wanted to do was send my hubby to Taco Bell for some good comfort food.  It seriously took all the willpower I had not to give into my fast food cravings.  Seeing that I haven't grocery shopped in a few weeks and our cupboards are filled with baby food and Spaghetti O's (thanks mom!) I was left scrounging for food all day.  I ended up making some Spanish rice and eating a Totino's pizza.  Definitely not diet food but surely better than the chicken nachos bell grande I wanted so bad.  I don't know why, but when I'm sick I have no willpower and my diet goes to shit.  My diet also tends to go to shit on the weekends.  I have to work hard on this guys.  It's such a nice reward to eat out all weekend.  Why do I feel the need to "reward" myself for  making it through the crazy work week?!  Maybe I'm just lazy.  Maybe I have no willpower.  Maybe I'm addicted to fast food.  Maybe all of the above are true.  It's so much easier to relax on the weekends without having to cook or think about planning meals.  I had a lot of time to reflect on this today.  I laid in bed and on the couch for the majority of the day trying to kick this migraine.  Thank God it's Mother's Day weekend so I didn't feel too guilty about it.  Speaking of Mother's Day, I asked my 5 year old what she was going to get me  and she said "Probably a baby monkey."  I said "Oh Gentry, you know the way to your mama's heart!"  She said "I have to go ask daddy if he'll drive me to the zoo tomorrow so I can buy you one."  LMAO!  She is too damn cute!  I had big plans for the weekend.  Saturday we were going to clean the house, put away laundry and plant our flowers.  I was going to try Zumba for the first time too.  Friday I decided on a whim to drop my gym membership since I NEVER go.  Like ever.  I only pay $33 a month for it so I have kept it with the intent of getting back into it but I don't make time to go.  I can come up with every excuse in the book to not to.  Usually, I'm too tired.  4:30 a.m. comes way too fast.  Sleep is good guys.  I refuse to go to the gym after work or in the evenings.  I only get a few hours of good quality time with my girls and I'm not going to take away from that.  Family first, no if's and's or but's about it.  So, yesterday Gentry and I went to the gym to cancel it and the guy asked me why I wanted to drop it.  I said I don't have time to come in.  His response?  You know we're open 24/7 right?  Umm ya...I obviously knew that, but it stung when he said it.  I guess I had an epiphany about how lazy I am.  Anyways, I left there with 6 months of free tanning and my membership still active.  I'm such a pushover!  But in my defense, it is $40 a month for unlimited tanning so they're basically paying me $8 a month to keep my membership, right?  ;)  I decided then and there to make a better effort to get to the gym.  I'm going to try and go Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 5am.  Gentry will be done with school the first week of June and she will be done with ballet towards the end of June.  I can handle a few more weeks of this crazy busy schedule and hopefully get into a routine again.  I enjoy working out at home, but I might as well use the membership I'm paying for.  Plus, I have to go there to tan anyways ;)    

No comments:

Post a Comment