Monday, July 9, 2012

Progress?

We're back from a wonderful week at the beach!  I pulled every muscle in my right quad going up and down to the beach, it was STEEP.  I thought I did some serious damage to my knee because it was super swollen and would pop every time I moved it!  I'm all healed up though and even went to the gym this morning!  I really feel like not stressing over every single thing I put in my mouth is making a difference.  In a way, I feel free.  Before when we would get a fruit tart at work (google them, DELISH) or go to a birthday party I would ALWAYS have a pity party because I wanted to eat the sweets!  I would eventually give in and totally overdo it to the point that I would feel sick about it.  Now I just think nah, I'm not hungry, I'll pass, knowing in the back of my head that if I want something sweet later I can have it.  I did weigh myself when we got home from the beach just to see if this way of thinking was completely sabotaging everything I'm trying to do and I'm so proud to say that I'm down 2 pounds.  2 pounds, and it doesn't even feel like I had to work for it!  I am so happy right now, not stressing over my diet is giving me more energy to focus on other things, like exercising!  It's way too hot to take the kids out walking right now, it's been in the 100's since Sunday, but I'm making more of an effort to get down on the floor and crawl around and play with them.  It feels good, they make me so happy <3

1 comment:

  1. So who loses 2 lbs on vacation!?! You rock buddy Im so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete